Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Hobbes2006

Default copy detail to summary row in outline

I was given a file in outline form. It has summary rows which include the
quantity. How can I copy detail information to that summary row?

Example:

Let's say one of the groups is all a type of chair, and the detail rows are
same type of chair different color. So the quantity of each color would be
different, but the price is the same. The summary row has the total quantity
for that type of chair, but not the price. How can I put the price in the
summary row, so I can calculate total ?

Item, Quantity, Price
blue, 3, $50
red, 10, $50
green, 2, $50
Summary Chair, 15

Is there a function where I can have Excel put the $50 in the Summary row
automatically?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Anne Troy

Try clearing the outline and using Data--Subtotals.
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com