Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default If Then or other to roll up multiple tabs to one summary tab - hel

I have 20 employees that have the same exact statistics (that take up about
50 rows of data and 15 columns each). I want to be able to pull a particular
employee's data over to a summary tab.

I want it to work as follows: Be able to enter the employee's name in cell
A1 on the summary tab and have that employee's data populate on the 50 rows
below and 15 columns to the right. I could use an "if then" if there were
only 8 employees, but what do I do since their are 20?

Do I name ranges and use some special formula or what?

Average excel user here so please be detailed in how to accomplish this.

Appreciate it!

-Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How is the data orgainised on the "data" sheets?
Is the employee name in each row?
How is one employee separated from the next?

"Steve" wrote:

I have 20 employees that have the same exact statistics (that take up about
50 rows of data and 15 columns each). I want to be able to pull a particular
employee's data over to a summary tab.

I want it to work as follows: Be able to enter the employee's name in cell
A1 on the summary tab and have that employee's data populate on the 50 rows
below and 15 columns to the right. I could use an "if then" if there were
only 8 employees, but what do I do since their are 20?

Do I name ranges and use some special formula or what?

Average excel user here so please be detailed in how to accomplish this.

Appreciate it!

-Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default If Then or other to roll up multiple tabs to one summary tab -

Each employee data tab can be the exact same rows and columns, just created
one tab and copied it several times. I have the employee name at the top
left of each sheet and the tab names are the employee last name.

So the employee name is not in each row, just at the top once as a sort of
header for each page. But I can set it up however - just help me.

The bottom line is I have a lot of data for each employee that I want to
make easy to pull to one tab so that someone can open the file and enter the
persons last name and it will populate. I could have put all the data on one
data sheet but too many columns and I thought it would be better to have
exact form copies on numerous tabs.

Thanks!

"Steve" wrote:

I have 20 employees that have the same exact statistics (that take up about
50 rows of data and 15 columns each). I want to be able to pull a particular
employee's data over to a summary tab.

I want it to work as follows: Be able to enter the employee's name in cell
A1 on the summary tab and have that employee's data populate on the 50 rows
below and 15 columns to the right. I could use an "if then" if there were
only 8 employees, but what do I do since their are 20?

Do I name ranges and use some special formula or what?

Average excel user here so please be detailed in how to accomplish this.

Appreciate it!

-Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If tab name = name entered in A1 in Summary sheet, try:

in Summary sheet:

in A2: =INDIRECT("'"&$A$1&"'!" & ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN()))

Copy across and down for required columns and rows.

Make data range in all tabs the same e.g A2:P50 in my case

HTH