Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I increase viewable cell character count limit in Excel?

I am using Excel 2003 and want to increase the number of characters that can
be viewed in a cell when the cell is "not active", and by not active I mean
that the user is not currently clicked in the cell. Lets say that I have 600
characters of info saved in a cell. When I print out the spreadsheet I want
the contents of that cell to be viewable. However, what currently happens is
that only a portion of the cell contents are shown, with the remainder of the
cell content truncated from sight. And by the way, I do have the character
wrap option enabled for this cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can enter 32767 characters into a cell and you should be able to see and
print up to 1024 characters.

You have wrap text enabled and manipulated row height and column width so's
you can see the 600 chars on the sheet?

Are you saying 600 characters won't print out properly?

Maybe you have more than 1024?

If so, see Dave's reply.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP