Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How do I increase viewable cell character count limit in Excel?

Try adding alt-enters (to force new lines within the cell) every 80-100
characters.

Surfcaster wrote:

I am using Excel 2003 and want to increase the number of characters that can
be viewed in a cell when the cell is "not active", and by not active I mean
that the user is not currently clicked in the cell. Lets say that I have 600
characters of info saved in a cell. When I print out the spreadsheet I want
the contents of that cell to be viewable. However, what currently happens is
that only a portion of the cell contents are shown, with the remainder of the
cell content truncated from sight. And by the way, I do have the character
wrap option enabled for this cell.

--

Dave Peterson