Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Appending Pairs of Column Data!

Hi,

Say in sheet named ABC, I have data in 6 columns [(A, B), (C, D), (E,
F)] their lengths vary, which I want to move into sheet BBB and put
them ALL in 2 columns only (A, B)....i.e. append them

What is the smart way to do so?

Thanks,
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What determines which go into each of your 2 new ones?

=ABC!A2&" "&ABC!B2&" "&ABC!C2
then
=ABC!D2&" "&ABC!E2&" "&ABC!F2

would work...

"Mike" wrote:

Hi,

Say in sheet named ABC, I have data in 6 columns [(A, B), (C, D), (E,
F)] their lengths vary, which I want to move into sheet BBB and put
them ALL in 2 columns only (A, B)....i.e. append them

What is the smart way to do so?

Thanks,
Mike
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Mike" wrote:
Hi,

Say in sheet named ABC, I have data in 6 columns [(A, B), (C, D), (E,
F)] their lengths vary, which I want to move into sheet BBB and put
them ALL in 2 columns only (A, B)....i.e. append them

What is the smart way to do so?

Thanks,
Mike

Sorry, I didn't word it right I guess. Let me try again please:

Say, in sheet named ABC, I have 6 columns with data in each: A B C D F
where A refers to column A and so on.....
I want to start a new sheet named BBB where I start with data in
columns A and B. Say I end at raw 20.
Then at raw 21, I start putting down the data of columns C and D of
sheet ABC. Say I end at raw 44
Then at raw 45, I start putting down the data of columns E and F of
sheet ABC......and so on

The appending is vertical. It is like copy and paste columns A and B
of sheet ABC into columns a and B of sheet BBB,
then copy columns C and D of sheet ABC, and paste them at the bottom
of columns A and B of sheet BBB....and so on...