Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Combining data from two columns into one - appending new values tothe end of one column

Hello--

I have several sheets, Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3, etc. Each has a column
of ID numbers in column A, some of which are duplicates across the
sheets. I would like to create a master list of all ID numbers on
another sheet called Master. Is there a relatively easy way to do this
using formulas on the Master sheet? For example:

Sheet1
99-1
100-3
500-4

Sheet 2
88-4
99-1
500-4
34-9

Sheet3
500-4
34-9
51-10
62-9

I'd like the Master sheet to have all of the ID numbers in one column
(the order is not important):
99-1
100-3
500-4
88-4
34-9
51-10
62-9

Thanks!
Jason
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Uses Pivot Table.
No formulas.
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3eh8b

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks! I've made the lists but I'm having trouble creating the Pivot
Table in my master sheet. I keep getting this message when I click
Finish to create the pivot table:

"This command requires at least two rows of source data. You cannot
use the command on a selection in only one row...."

What am I missing?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In step 1 of the Pivot Table Wizard
make sure you selected
Multiple Consolidation Ranges.
In step 2b, the three sheet ranges are listed as
defined names.
Insert Name Define Dat1
=Sheet1!$A$3:$B$6
Notice that the range includes a column
to the right of the numbers and a row on top.
I recommend that you start out using my file
as a template, patching your data into it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Combining data from two columns into one - appending new value

Does this help?
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3ej13

Regards,
Ryan---