Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Spreadsheet combining data from 3 columns to 1 column

I have 3 columns in Excel City, State, and Zip Code. I want to combine
them into 1 column. Each column has about 1000 entries. Copy and paste
don't work How do I accomplish this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/subs/mergedata.html

In article ,
Lotto Man <Lotto wrote:

I have 3 columns in Excel City, State, and Zip Code. I want to combine
them into 1 column. Each column has about 1000 entries. Copy and paste
don't work How do I accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If in columns A, B and C

in column D

in D1: =A1&B1 & C1

or =A1 & " " & " " & B1 & " " & C1

to give a space between each field

Copy down and then copy/paste special-values

Or look at CONCATENATE function

"Lotto Man" wrote:

I have 3 columns in Excel City, State, and Zip Code. I want to combine
them into 1 column. Each column has about 1000 entries. Copy and paste
don't work How do I accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would recommend against this.

If you wanted to use this data in another application like Word for a mailmerge
or labels and envelopes you would find that having the data in separate cells is
mandatory.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP