Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
TechTeacher

Default Labeling Data Pairs

I have a spreadsheet which I use to plot test results
.. What I am hoping for is if someone can tell me
how to go about adding the following information to the graph.

My xy coordinates are easy enough to display if I need to, but
what I really need is to display the numbered point. ie point xy1
should display a name, point xy2 should display name2, etc...

I played around with this for a while and couldn't figure
it out and the help file was, well, no help at all. Maybe I'm
just dumb as a brick but I just figure out the answer.

If anyone can help I'd be most obliged. I am using Excel 2000 and have my
data set up as follows:

susie: 190 250
david: 150 274
jim: 164 240

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

This is not a built in feature.
Instead use a helper column to concatenate the required text and then
use Rob Bovey's free chart labeler addin to link data labels to cells.
http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

Cheers
Andy

--