DNA

Default Totaling Columns

I need to calc subtotals based on various information with a cell or group
of cells. This is how it works:

Column A has a heading of CIF (customer info).
Column E has a heading for APP type (checking, savings, cd, loans, credit
reserve).
Column I is for a subtotal of deposits (i.e., checking + savings + cd)
and
Column J is for a subtotal of loans (i.e., loans + credit reserve)

If a customer has 7 CIF records and within that they have 5 checking
accounts, 2 savings and 1 cd, I need the deposit total for that; and 2
loans and 1 credit reserve, I need the loan total for that.

Keep in mind, if the CIF number changes, do the same for the next CIF
grouping. OVERALL - total deposit and loans for each group of CIF
numbers.

I almost have it, but it's not quite working the way I need.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Bob Phillips

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A10="Bob"),--(B2:B10={"checking","savings","cd"}))

and

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A10="Bob"),--(B2:B10={"loans","credit reserve"}))
--
HTH

Bob Phillips

lkaboutsoftware.com...