dawgpilot

Default print 3 column range in six columns

I have an excel database with three columns as follows:

Column: A B C
Column Title: Tail # A/C Type Owner

There are about 300 records in my database so when I print I have to either
manually format my data into more (6) columns or print these three columns
over multiple pages. If I format the worksheet manually to print 6 columns
then I cannot sort or add records to the end of my list. I have to enter my
new information and then cut/paste to the correct location. I would like to
be able to continue entering my data in one long range and have excel print
my database with multiple columns per sheet as follows

Column: A B C D E
Column Title: Tail# A/C Type Owner Tail# A/C Type Owner

dawgpilot

Thank you, David. I have not tried this yet because I am trying another
method. Check out the response I received from Bob Phillips. His response
is under another title (column). I posted my question twice worded
differently. His event code seems to work, however there are some kinks I am
working on.

"dawgpilot" wrote in message ...
I have an excel database with three columns as follows:

Column: A B C
Column Title: Tail # A/C Type Owner

There are about 300 records in my database so when I print I have to either
manually format my data into more (6) columns or print these three columns
over multiple pages. If I format the worksheet manually to print 6 columns
then I cannot sort or add records to the end of my list. I have to enter my
new information and then cut/paste to the correct location. I would like to
be able to continue entering my data in one long range and have excel print
my database with multiple columns per sheet as follows

Column: A B C D E
Column Title: Tail# A/C Type Owner Tail# A/C Type Owner

David McRitchie

The questions are the same. If you want to change the question
then reply to original thread -- don't change the subject though --
just try to be extra careful that the subject describes the problem.

You would simply have changed the macro calling the other macro to
what you see below, which would provide you with and empty column
between the two sets which you
would make very narrow by specifying 4 columns instead of 3
and rows 1-50, and 1 with 51-99 on the right on the first page.
Which is much better than what you chose (IMHO).

Modify the run statement to match the workbook you have your
SnakeColsx macro in.

The changes to the worksheet go beyond adding and removing
a column. I would suggest that you avoid changing the same worksheet
even if only temporarily. Would also suggest that you have to know
that you have exactly what you want via Print Preview before actually
printing. At least you're running a macro. so whatever you start with
you can change it to suit your usage..

Sub SnakeCols_dawg()
'This is basically what is in the command button
'Hrows = 1 'specify number of heading rows
'Cols = 4 'specify number of cols to copy (add 1 for spacing)
'setts = 2 'specify number of sets per page
'rowspp = 50 'specify number of rows per page
'ptsize = 0 'specify pointsize, must be 6 to change
Application.Run "personal.xls!SnakeColsx", 1, 4, 2, 50, 0
End Sub
---
HTH,