Bettergains

Default Hiding columns and custom views problem

Hello:
I have defined 6 views in modules that define views. The views are simply
hiding or showing columns based on a value in a hidden row. These columns
are also grouped in outlines. I am having issues with one of the views which
is spitting out the "can't move objects off sheet" error. I already have
code in the workbook that autosets the "size with cells" property of inserted
comments.

Are there some caveats with hiding/showing columns which are grouped? Are
there limits to the number of columns that can be manipulated in this way? My
sheet has 150 columns. I would like to be able to show only 20, but that
doesn't seem to be working without this error occurring.

Appreciate it, as always, Bettergains
Dave Peterson

maybe this'll help:

XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-ca;211769

Someone with the same problem posted back that their comments were getting
resized causing the trouble.

Maybe enabling: Tools|Options|View|Comment and indicator
(at least for a little bit will help you move your comments.)

Debra Dalgleish has some code that will reposition comments at:
http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset

--

Dave Peterson