Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Numbering rows

How can I number rows but omit any hidden rows from the numbering sequence?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

This assumes your have date in column B that you will filter. Put this in A2
and fill down and it will number the rows and auto update if you change the
filter.

=SUBTOTAL(3,B$2:B2)

Mike

How can I number rows but omit any hidden rows from the numbering sequence?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I may not be clear. I have information in rows 1,2,3,4. Row 5 is hidden.
Information in row 6,7,8,9,10. I want the numbering to exclude the hidden
row 5 so that the unhidden rows will be numbered: 1,2,3,4,5,6. . .

How can I number rows but omit any hidden rows from the numbering sequence?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you, Mike. I did try your suggestion before I wrote the last post.
When I do that, the hidden rows are still included in the "numbering"
sequence of the un-hidden rows.

"nbslarson" wrote:

How can I number rows but omit any hidden rows from the numbering sequence?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try =SUBTOTAL(103,B$2:B2)

which accounts for manually hidden rows and rows hidden by filtering.

2003 and later versions.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP