Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Format Painter won't stay on

I double click the format painter & use it once & then it shuts off. How can
I get it to stay on til I turn it off?
--
- L Fox PMP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click once and it will "shut off" after one use. Double-click and it should
stay on.

No other problems with double-clicks?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Lynn" wrote in message
I double click the format painter & use it once & then it shuts off. How
can
I get it to stay on til I turn it off?
--
- L Fox PMP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

<Is there an option that I need to set?

Not that I know of. But I think this option has not always been present in
Excel. Do you happen to use an old version?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Lynn" wrote in message
I double click the format painter & use it once & then it shuts off.
How
can
I get it to stay on til I turn it off?
--
- L Fox PMP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There may be a macro running when you change selection - right-click the
sheet tab, select View Code, and see if there's any code on the
Worksheet_SelectionChange event
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP