Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fay Fay is offline

Default Format Painter

I have tried the way it says to extend my formating down the column but it is
not working. Here is what I am doing 1. click cell with formatting I want to
apply. 2. click format painter button. 3.click and drag mouse to select cells
i want to appy the formatting. 4. release mouse button.. It says the
formatting is applie to the data in the selected cells. No, it isn't. I go to
an empty cell in the worksheet and add data to be used and the formatting is
not there.
What am I doing wrong. These instructions are from the Microsoft Excel book.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It is all in the wrist. Your problem is the second click;
1. click cell with formatting I want to apply.
2. click format painter button.
3. (click and ) drag mouse to select cells i want to apply the formatting.
4. release mouse button

Just combine 2 & 3 - click and drag. The Format Painter icon should be
visible in the worksheet area as you drag.

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP