Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting using color based on another cell

Spent the last 2 hours looking around for the answer and figured Id just come
to the experts.

I want to make a simple spreadsheet to track the progress of a disaster
recovery visually.

In column A lets say I have a list of servers
In column C I have a subset of the servers that are just database servers
In column E I have another subset of servers that make up an application
In column G I have a list of applications

Id like my Unix team to be able to mark each server complete as they recover
them. Lets say they highlight the cell green to do this.

I then want the same servername in column C to turn from dark grey to no
fill once it is marked green in Column A. This signifies the database team
they can do a checkout on the server. They mark it complete by again setting
the fill to Green.

I then want the same servername to light up green in column E showing me
which servers of each application have been recovered. When all of the
servers have been recovered for a given application, I want the application
name in column G to light up green.

I figure this is simple conditional formatting formulas but I cant figure it
out easily and I know someone here can do it right off the top of their head.

So, thanks in advance. If you like, you could send a sample to

Thanks,
--
Michael Gwin
Program Director
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No action yet? Gonna make me do the homework myself eh? :)
--
Michael Gwin
Program Director

"Michael Gwin" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Michael Gwin" wrote:
[...]

UnitedHealth Group- Hide quoted text -

Michael,
I can not find any references to formatting depending on format of an
other cell.
You could get your technicians to enter a value ( for example 1 ) into
the cell next to the server you want to highlight green
That same value could then determine the colour in the other servers
or applications etc.
Greetings from NZ