Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting (Excel 2007) Format Row Color Based on X

I have a row with data spanning 6 columns. Each Col is formatted differently
(some as date, text, or numbers.)

How do I change the entire row to a color if the entry in Col A (formatted
as text) is equal to X? (If I try to copy Col As format across the row, it
changes the formatting in the other Cols all to text.)

Thx,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select your range of cells, Format/ CF/ Formula Is:
=$A1="X"

Note the absolute reference for the column.
--
David Biddulph

"Alice M." wrote in message
I have a row with data spanning 6 columns. Each Col is formatted
differently
(some as date, text, or numbers.)

How do I change the entire row to a color if the entry in Col A (formatted
as text) is equal to X? (If I try to copy Col A's format across the row,
it
changes the formatting in the other Cols all to text.)

Thx,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting (Excel 2007) Format Row Color Based on

Thx, but doesn't work or I'm still doing something wrong . Need my row all
one color, only IF Col A="X"

"Alice M." wrote in message
I have a row with data spanning 6 columns. Each Col is formatted
differently
(some as date, text, or numbers.)

How do I change the entire row to a color if the entry in Col A (formatted
as text) is equal to X? (If I try to copy Col A's format across the row,
it
changes the formatting in the other Cols all to text.)

Thx,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

David had provided the solution to you...

Are you selecting the whole range?

Try once more
Select A1:F100
Choose CF
Choose Formula is
Type =$A1="X"
Choose Formatting

This will color the row, upto Col F, if that row has X in Col A