Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alice M. Alice M. is offline

Default Conditional Formatting (Excel 2007) Format Row Color Based on

Yes, thx. My screens in Exl 2007 are a little bit diff than his solution for
Exl 2003, but now have it working. Great job, and my sincerest thanks.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

David had provided the solution to you...

Are you selecting the whole range?

Try once more
Select A1:F100
Choose CF
Choose Formula is
Type =$A1="X"
Choose Formatting

This will color the row, upto Col F, if that row has X in Col A

"Alice M." wrote:

Thx, but doesn't work or I'm still doing something wrong . Need my row all
one color, only IF Col A="X"

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Select your range of cells, Format/ CF/ Formula Is:
=$A1="X"

Note the absolute reference for the column.
--
David Biddulph

"Alice M." wrote in message
I have a row with data spanning 6 columns. Each Col is formatted
differently
(some as date, text, or numbers.)

How do I change the entire row to a color if the entry in Col A (formatted
as text) is equal to X? (If I try to copy Col A's format across the row,
it
changes the formatting in the other Cols all to text.)

Thx,