Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Find cells w/background color based on conditional formatting

My worksheet has cells that are highlighted, or not, based on conditional
formatting. Is there a way to use "Find" to find all the highlighted cells?

I know I can use Find to find all cells with a specific background color,
but it doesn't seem to work here where the color is determined by conditional
formatting. Is there a way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You would need to have a formula equivalent to the CF criteria in a
helper column, to return, say, Yes or No. Then you can filter that
helper column for all the cells that contain Yes. I'm not sure what
you mean when you say "Find" all the cells.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 13, 7:38*pm, Freida wrote:
My worksheet has cells that are highlighted, or not, based on conditional
formatting. *Is there a way to use "Find" to find all the highlighted cells?

I know I can use Find to find all cells with a specific background color,
but it doesn't seem to work here where the color is determined by conditional
formatting. *Is there a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes, Pete, I believe that would help.

What I meant by find:
I have a worksheet that highlights date fields that signify that a date
based on certain criteria. For now the user was scrolling through the sheet
to locate all the rows with highlighted dates. I felt it would be better if
she could just use "Find".

Thanks for your help.

Freida