Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional formatting: same color, alternate background on same r

I have a series of data & I'd like the background to change color when the
color above is the same but I alse want that same color to be applied to the
current cell. For example
Value Background
1 blue
1 blue
1 blue
2 purple
2 purple
3 none
4 blue
5 blue
6 none
7 none
8 purple
8 purple
9 blue
9 blue
9 blue
9 blue
10 none

I tried this formula: =OR($B757=$B756,$B757=$B758)

but I'm only able to define one color. I need to be able to pick different
colors to differentiate the groupings.

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Try David McRitchie's page at:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm
Scroll down a bit (about 1/3 down) to the section:
Color Grouping with alternating colors (#grouping)
--
Max
Singapore