Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default advance filter

I have a table with advance filters... in one of the column I have different
values as follows

ABC
ABCDE
ABCDEF

Since all start with with ABC, If I put ABC it will filter positive all
I only need those that fully meet "ABC", how can I deal with this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

AutoFilterCustom From Custom Filter window select 'equal to' and enter 'ABC'

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Alberto Ast" wrote:

I have a table with advance filters... in one of the column I have different
values as follows

ABC
ABCDE
ABCDEF

Since all start with with ABC, If I put ABC it will filter positive all
I only need those that fully meet "ABC", how can I deal with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007
Advanced Filter
Alberto: You are quite right, typing =ABC won't do.
Here is the right way:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/madyk3...10_09_09a.xlsx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Enter this as text (preform the cell as text or start with an apostrophe):

'=ABC
(to retrieve all the Ed's, but not the Eddie's.)

Or use a formula that evaluates to that same text string.
or
="=ABC"

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I saved this from a previous post, but forgot to change this line:
(to retrieve all the Ed's, but not the Eddie's.)
(to retrieve all the ABC's, but not the ABCDEF's.)