Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Advance Filter

I have Excel 2003 and I am trying to copy information from one worksheet to
another. I know you have to start on the sheet that you wish to copy the
information to. I just dont know how to copy the exact information that i
want. In my information I have test scores in a column; and let's say I want
to copy just the information that goes along with the "C" test scores to a
different worksheet, how would I do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi JRey,

The Advanced Filter needs a criteria row to refer to.

Insert a few rows above your list.
Copy the column headers into one of these new rows.
Enter your criterion below the appropriate heading (I assume that
would be C beneath the scores heading in your case.

This now becomes the filter's criteria grid.

Next, starting in the worksheet you want to copy to, Click Data then
Advanced Filter.
Select Copy to another location.
Select the range of your data (NOT including the citeria grid) and put
it in the list range.
Select the headers of the critera grid and as many rows that contain
criteria (just one in your example) and put these in the Criteria
Range.

Finally enter a cell in the Copy To panel (this is the top left corner
of the copied list)

Hope that helps

Regards

Phil