Jordan

Default Advance Filter Criteria

Help! I am trying to use the Advance Filter to eliminate rows from a list.
Using this example:

Column A B C
Yes One Phoenix
No One Tucson
Yes Two Phoenix
No One Phoenix
Yes Two Tucson

I need two criterias. (1) if A is = to Yes OR (2) B = to One AND C = Phoenix

The results would be:

Column A B C
Yes One Phoenix
Yes Two Phoenix
No One Phoenix
Yes Two Tucson

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jordan

Dave Peterson

How about just using a helper column of formulas?

=if(or(a2="yes",and(b2="one",c2="phoenix")),"keepi t","deleteit")

Drag down, apply data|Filter|autofilter and then delete.

--

Dave Peterson
Art Farrell

Hi Jordan,

For Advanced Filter you could use:

=OR(A2="Yes",AND(B2="One",C2="Phoenix"))

CHORDially,
Art Farrell