lil''bibbib

Default Pull data - Advance Filter

Hi,

I have an excel file with approximately 200 data entry (200 rows and 10
columns). I would like to build a second sheet to do advance filter but with
a criteria cell in the second sheet; say for example I have a course number
column with different course numbers. In the second sheet, I have cell A1 as
an input cell... when I input on of the course number into cell A1, it would
filter the 200 data and only display the 10 columns of information of the
course number in cell A1. If I change the course number in cell A1, it would
change accordingly. Do you think there is a way to build this in excel?
Thanks in advance.
Debra Dalgleish

You could do this with programming to run the advanced filter when the
value in cell A1 is changed. There are some examples he

Under Filters, look for 'Product List by Category'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List