raph_baril

Default advanced filter criteria "begins with" and "does not begin with"

Hi,

I'm trying to do an advanced filter with 3 criterias
1 "begins with A"
2 "does not begins with B"
3 "contains c"

The problem is that I can only one of each at a time
for e.g. my criteria looks like:
"Name of column"
="=A*"

So the advanced filter shows me all data beginning with A in this column,
but I how can use all 3 criterias at the same time?

Thank you

Eddie O

if you have a filter for "begins with A," you don't need one for "does not
begin with B", right?
Off the top of my head it might be easier to paste a formula in the column
next to your data, and then do an autofilter on that column for your results.
Advanced filter can be a pain, in my experience.
For example, if your data is in column A, and you're filtering for begins
with A and contains C, you could do
=AND(LEFT(A1,1)="a",ISNUMBER(SEARCH("c",A1))) This formula will return TRUE
if the word begins with "a" and contains "c".

If that doesn't do it for you, let me know.

Eddie O

"raph_baril" wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to do an advanced filter with 3 criterias
1 "begins with A"
2 "does not begins with B"
3 "contains c"

The problem is that I can only one of each at a time
for e.g. my criteria looks like:
"Name of column"
="=A*"

So the advanced filter shows me all data beginning with A in this column,
but I how can use all 3 criterias at the same time?

Thank you

Walt

Hi raph_baril,

This is from the Excel 2002 help system:

"More than two sets of conditions for one column

To find rows that meet greater than two sets of conditions, include multiple
columns with the same column heading. For example, the following criteria
range displays sales that are between 5,000 and 8,000 in addition to sales
that are less than 500.

Sales Sales
5000 <8000

<500 "

You can repeat the field names within the criteria. Think of columns as
"and" and rows as "or" criteria.

Best Regards,
Walt Weber