-   -   advance filter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/245074-advance-filter.html)

Alberto Ast[_2_]

advance filter

I have a table with advance filters... in one of the column I have different
values as follows

ABC
ABCDE
ABCDEF

Since all start with with ABC, If I put ABC it will filter positive all
I only need those that fully meet "ABC", how can I deal with this?

Don Guillett

advance filter

datafiltercustomequal to abc

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Alberto Ast" wrote in message
I have a table with advance filters... in one of the column I have
different
values as follows

ABC
ABCDE
ABCDEF

Since all start with with ABC, If I put ABC it will filter positive all
I only need those that fully meet "ABC", how can I deal with this?

Jacob Skaria

advance filter

AutoFilterCustom From Custom Filter window select 'equal to' and enter 'ABC'

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Alberto Ast" wrote:

I have a table with advance filters... in one of the column I have different
values as follows

ABC
ABCDE
ABCDEF

Since all start with with ABC, If I put ABC it will filter positive all
I only need those that fully meet "ABC", how can I deal with this?

Alberto Ast[_2_]

advance filter

Thanks you both but I am using advance filter... I just type into the cell
ABC but it select all cells starting with ABC

"Alberto Ast" wrote:

I have a table with advance filters... in one of the column I have different
values as follows

ABC
ABCDE
ABCDEF

Since all start with with ABC, If I put ABC it will filter positive all
I only need those that fully meet "ABC", how can I deal with this?

Herbert Seidenberg

advance filter

Excel 2007
Advanced Filter
Alberto: You are quite right, typing =ABC won't do.
Here is the right way:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/madyk3...10_09_09a.xlsx

Dave Peterson

advance filter

Enter this as text (preform the cell as text or start with an apostrophe):

'=ABC
(to retrieve all the Ed's, but not the Eddie's.)

Or use a formula that evaluates to that same text string.
="="&"ABC"
or
="=ABC"

Alberto Ast wrote:

I have a table with advance filters... in one of the column I have different
values as follows

ABC
ABCDE
ABCDEF

Since all start with with ABC, If I put ABC it will filter positive all
I only need those that fully meet "ABC", how can I deal with this?

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

advance filter

I saved this from a previous post, but forgot to change this line:
(to retrieve all the Ed's, but not the Eddie's.)
(to retrieve all the ABC's, but not the ABCDEF's.)