Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sam Sam is offline

Default How do I show the worksheet name in a cell?

I tried using the formula =cell("filename"), but all worksheets shows the
same location in the cell. When F9 is pressed, it will update all the
worksheets to show the location of the worksheet I am working on.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Include the cell reference in your formula.

OR
Try the below for sheet name

=REPLACE(CELL("Filename",A1),1,FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1)),"")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Sam" wrote:

I tried using the formula =cell("filename"), but all worksheets shows the
same location in the cell. When F9 is pressed, it will update all the
worksheets to show the location of the worksheet I am working on.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Display

Hi, I tried the =REPLACE(CELL("Filename",A1),1,FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1)),"").
It's work perfectly.
Example my sheet name is actually a date(eg. 20 NOV 2009). On Cell A1 it will display the 20 NOV 2009, but how do i detect A1 the date "20 NOV 2009" is actually which day(MON,TUE,WED,THUR,FRI,SAT or SUN). anyway i can do to let it detect from A1 and let which day actually it is???

Jacob Skaria wrote:

Include the cell reference in your formula.ORTry the below for sheet
07-Oct-09

Include the cell reference in your formula.

OR
Try the below for sheet name

=REPLACE(CELL("Filename",A1),1,FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1)),"")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Sam" wrote:

On Wednesday, October 07, 2009 10:00 PM
Sam wrote:

How do I show the worksheet name in a cell?
I tried using the formula =cell("filename"), but all worksheets shows the
same location in the cell. When F9 is pressed, it will update all the
worksheets to show the location of the worksheet I am working on.

On Wednesday, October 07, 2009 10:06 PM
Jacob Skaria wrote:

Include the cell reference in your formula.ORTry the below for sheet
Include the cell reference in your formula.

OR
Try the below for sheet name

=REPLACE(CELL("Filename",A1),1,FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1)),"")

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

..NET Anonymous Methods in C#
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ethods-in.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What the formula returns is Text and not a real date.

=REPLACE(CELL("Filename",A1),1,FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1)),"")*1

will return a real date which you can format to ddd

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP