Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default setting the font type for all comments on excel spreadsheets

How can I set the font type and size for all the comments on a whole
spreadsheet.
Tahoma is set at present and I want to change to a TT font. I know how to
change each comment individually but want to reset the whole sheet. I am
using office 2000.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can try out the below macro. If you are new to macros..

--Set the Security level to low/medium in (Tools|Macro|Security).
--From workbook launch VBE using short-key Alt+F11.
--From menu 'Insert' a module and paste the below code.
--Get back to Workbook.
--Run macro from Tools|Macro|Run <selected macro()

Sub Macro()
Dim sh As Worksheet, objCom As Object
For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
For Each objCom In sh.Comments
With objCom.Shape.TextFrame.Characters
..Font.Name = "TT"
..Font.Size = 10
End With
Next
Next
End Sub

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Delquestion" wrote:

How can I set the font type and size for all the comments on a whole
spreadsheet.
Tahoma is set at present and I want to change to a TT font. I know how to
change each comment individually but want to reset the whole sheet. I am
using office 2000.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you want to change the font and size for the whole spreadsheet, click on
the upper left corner of the spreadsheet (the blank box between Row 1 and
Column A) and it will highlight the whole spreadsheet. Then change your font
and size. If you only want to change it for a single column, click on the
column number and make your changes.

"Delquestion" wrote:

How can I set the font type and size for all the comments on a whole
spreadsheet.
Tahoma is set at present and I want to change to a TT font. I know how to
change each comment individually but want to reset the whole sheet. I am
using office 2000.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the two replies. The one about macros seems a bit complicated for
me Jacob.

June thanks I know how to set the font type and size for cells what I want
to know is how to change them in the comments that are signified by the red
triangle in top right corner of cells.