Old October 2nd 09, 10:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How clear the excel Recent Docs list?

How do I clear single entiries or the entire list in the Recent Docs list
that appears to the right of the menu that appears when I click the Office
Button at the left corner of my Excel 2007 window?

I appreciate your help, -John

Old October 2nd 09, 11:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There's probably a quicker way but try:
Office Button Excel Options Advanced, then scroll down to Display and
change 'Show this number of recent Documents' to 0 close.
You have to then go back and reset to the number you wish to see in future.

Old October 3rd 09, 03:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Let's say you have 10 files on the list and you want to keep 4 of those and
delete the rest.

Pin the 4 you want then ExcelOptionsAdvancedDisplay.

Change the MRU list to 4 and OK.

The 4 you pinned will remain.

To start adding more, change the MRU list to what you want.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP