Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default HOW DO I CLEAR MY RECENT DOCUMENTS IN EXCEL AND/OR WORD?

I just need to know how to clear what shows in my recent documents because
all the files listed have been moved to another location and are no longer
accurate.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
2003
on the menu bar...
toolsoptionsgeneral tab.
uncheck recently use files or reset to 0
close options dialog.
if you want it back, repeat above except check recently used file and/or set
to the desired number.
Regards
FSt1

"joelle1110" wrote:

I just need to know how to clear what shows in my recent documents because
all the files listed have been moved to another location and are no longer
accurate.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What was first on the list when you typed the word "recent" into Excel help?
--
David Biddulph

"joelle1110" wrote in message
I just need to know how to clear what shows in my recent documents because
all the files listed have been moved to another location and are no longer
accurate.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you speaking of the list of recent files within Excel or are you
speaking of the Windows Documents item on the Windows Start menu?

For Excel, you can do it with code:

Sub ClearMRU()
On Error Resume Next
Do Until Err.Number < 0
Application.RecentFiles.Item(1).Delete
Loop
End Sub

To do it manually, go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the General
tab. There, uncheck the "Recently used file list". This will clear the list.
Finally, go back and check the "Recently used file list" option.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"joelle1110" wrote in message
I just need to know how to clear what shows in my recent documents because
all the files listed have been moved to another location and are no longer
accurate.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Clear it then reset it.

Sub toggle_MRU()
With Application
.RecentFiles.Maximum = 0
End With
With Application
.RecentFiles.Maximum = 3
End With
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 04:54:02 -0700, joelle1110
wrote:

I just need to know how to clear what shows in my recent documents because
all the files listed have been moved to another location and are no longer
accurate.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm in Excel 2007 and it shows all recently opened files... I need to know
how to clear that list and start over. Previous replies say something about
the tools menu and I can't even find that.

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!

"Mike Middleton" wrote:

joelle1110 -

In Excel 2007, choose Office Button | Excel Options | Advanced | (Display)
Show this number of Recent Documents.

Set it to zero, and click OK.

Then choose it again, set the desired number, and click OK.

If you mention Excel 2007 in your posting, it is less likely that you will
get replies for Excel 2003.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gord,

Your macro below works fine ... but ... I believe that Excel 2007 only
allows macros to be created in an open workbook. Is there any way that it
can be set up like Word 2007, so that the macro is available whenever Excel
2007 is launched (i.e. available to any workbook that is subsequently opened)?

Many thanks,

Geoff

wrote:

I just need to know how to clear what shows in my recent documents because
all the files listed have been moved to another location and are no longer
accurate.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Store the macro in your Personal Macro Workbook.

This workbook will open each time you start Excel.

After you create it using the steps from Help save it hidden so's you don't
see it but can run the macros.

Gord