Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GJB GJB is offline

Default How can I get rid of this blasted recent documents list in EXCEL '

Ok..when I click the colorful little Icon in the left corner of EXCEL '07, I
get a list of RECENT DOCUMENTS. I would like very much to rid myself of this
list.

Can anyone please provide a way to do this. I've looked all over and can't
find a setting.

Thanks.
GJB
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 06:48:00 -0700, GJB wrote:

Ok..when I click the colorful little Icon in the left corner of EXCEL '07, I
get a list of RECENT DOCUMENTS. I would like very much to rid myself of this
list.

Can anyone please provide a way to do this. I've looked all over and can't
find a setting.

Thanks.
GJB

I don't have Excel 07, but in earlier versions under Tools/Options/General
there is an option for Recent File List that can be deselected.
--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Office button (aka colorful little Icon)
Excel Options
Display section
Show this number of recent documents.

Set the value to zero.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"GJB" wrote in message
Ok..when I click the colorful little Icon in the left corner of EXCEL '07,
get a list of RECENT DOCUMENTS. I would like very much to rid myself of
this
list.

Can anyone please provide a way to do this. I've looked all over and
can't
find a setting.

Thanks.
GJB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For the OP

Remember that you lose all items if you do this.
I will publish a example file on my ribbon page next week with a VBA example
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
This example will remember the file names so you can restore the list

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm