Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ewt ewt is offline

Default General lookup and cut and paste between 2 spreadsheets

Ok this is what I got 2 seperate spreadsheets 1 Master, 1 Store the master
contains a list of items and prices, the store contains a subset of items and
no prices, I want that spreadsheet to lookup the item on the other and copy
the price and place it in a column on this spreadsheet. How can I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As long as the items are unique, you can use VLOOKUP.

Assuming item is in column a and price is in B:

in B2 of Sto =VLOOKUP(A2,Master!$A:$B,2,0) will return your price. A is
your item column and B is your price column. 2 is the number of columns to go
across. If item is in A and price is in D, then you should use A:D and 4
instead.