Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting

How do I set the background colour of a cell to Red if the value of any cell
in a range is greater than, say, 110?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use this formula:
=COUNTIF(A1:A10,""&110)0
Adjust range!
Regards,
Stefi

Mike McLellan ezt *rta:

How do I set the background colour of a cell to Red if the value of any cell
in a range is greater than, say, 110?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. Select the cell/Range say Column A...
2. From menu FormatConditional Formatting
3. For Condition1Select 'Cell Value Is' ' 'Greater than' and enter 110
4. Click Format ButtonPattern and select your color (say Red)
5. Hit OK

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Mike McLellan" wrote:

How do I set the background colour of a cell to Red if the value of any cell
in a range is greater than, say, 110?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this.

1. Select the range
2. From menu FormatConditional Formatting
3. For Condition1Select 'Cell Value Is' and Select Greater than from the
Ccondition drop down and in the next field type 110
4. Click Format ButtonPatternColor select 'red' then give ok

If this post helps, Click Yes!

--------------------
(MS-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Mike McLellan" wrote:

How do I set the background colour of a cell to Red if the value of any cell
in a range is greater than, say, 110?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You and Jacob didn't observe that the condition is "ANY cell in a range"!
Stefi

Ms-Exl-Learner ezt *rta:

Try this.

1. Select the range

"Mike McLellan" wrote:

How do I set the background colour of a cell to Red if the value of any cell
in a range is greater than, say, 110?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, Stefi - just what I needed!

"Stefi" wrote:

Use this formula:
=COUNTIF(A1:A10,""&110)0
Adjust range!
Regards,
Stefi

Mike McLellan ezt *rta:

How do I set the background colour of a cell to Red if the value of any cell
in a range is greater than, say, 110?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Stefi,

I think the answer provided by Mr. Jacob and by myself is right. In my post
i have clearly mentioned that select the range before applying the
conditional formatting.

--------------------
(MS-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Mike McLellan" wrote:

How do I set the background colour of a cell to Red if the value of any cell
in a range is greater than, say, 110?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The question was "... set the background colour of a cell ... if the value
of any cell
in a range ...". For me it means to set the color of ONE cell depending on
the values of several cells. Yor solution sets the color of a range of cells
depending on the cells own values. The OP shared this interpretation!

Regards,
Stefi

Ms-Exl-Learner ezt *rta:

"Mike McLellan" wrote:

How do I set the background colour of a cell to Red if the value of any cell
in a range is greater than, say, 110?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are welcome! Thanks for the feedback!
Stefi

Mike McLellan ezt *rta:

Thanks, Stefi - just what I needed!

"Stefi" wrote:

Use this formula:
=COUNTIF(A1:A10,""&110)0
Adjust range!
Regards,
Stefi

Mike McLellan ezt *rta:

How do I set the background colour of a cell to Red if the value of any cell
in a range is greater than, say, 110?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think that you'll find that Stefi has done rather more "MS-Exl-Learning"
than you have. Your condition will turn the cell red only if the content of
THAT PARTICULAR CELL is greater than 110. The OP said that the requirement
was to turn the cell red if the value of ANY CELL IN THE RANGE is greater
than 110.
--
David Biddulph

"Mike McLellan" wrote:

How do I set the background colour of a cell to Red if the value of
any cell
in a range is greater than, say, 110?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry I misread the post..

Stefi/Mike

Just the below will do as conditional formatting returns true only if the
below formula returns more than 0.
=COUNTIF(A1:A10,"110")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Stefi" wrote:

You are welcome! Thanks for the feedback!
Stefi

Mike McLellan ezt *rta:

Thanks, Stefi - just what I needed!

"Stefi" wrote:

Use this formula:
=COUNTIF(A1:A10,""&110)0
Adjust range!
Regards,
Stefi

Mike McLellan ezt *rta:

How do I set the background colour of a cell to Red if the value of any cell
in a range is greater than, say, 110?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mr. Stefi & Mr. David thanks for both of you for indicating my mistake. In
fact I didnt notice the word IN A RANGE IS GREATER THAN. After seeing
both of your replies, I come to know that my post is not suitable for the
question.

Anyway thanks for guiding & suggesting me about my mistake

--------------------
(MS-Exl-Learner)

"Mike McLellan" wrote:

How do I set the background colour of a cell to Red if the value of
any cell
in a range is greater than, say, 110?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I like when misunderstandings get settled.
Stefi

Ms-Exl-Learner ezt *rta: