Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi Stefi is offline

Default Conditional Formatting

The question was "... set the background colour of a cell ... if the value
of any cell
in a range ...". For me it means to set the color of ONE cell depending on
the values of several cells. Yor solution sets the color of a range of cells
depending on the cells own values. The OP shared this interpretation!

Regards,
Stefi

Ms-Exl-Learner ezt *rta:

Hi Stefi,

I think the answer provided by Mr. Jacob and by myself is right. In my post
i have clearly mentioned that select the range before applying the
conditional formatting.

--------------------
(MS-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Stefi" wrote:

You and Jacob didn't observe that the condition is "ANY cell in a range"!
Stefi

Ms-Exl-Learner ezt *rta:

Try this.

1. Select the range
2. From menu FormatConditional Formatting
3. For Condition1Select 'Cell Value Is' and Select Greater than from the
Ccondition drop down and in the next field type 110
4. Click Format ButtonPatternColor select 'red' then give ok

If this post helps, Click Yes!

(MS-Exl-Learner)

"Mike McLellan" wrote:

How do I set the background colour of a cell to Red if the value of any cell
in a range is greater than, say, 110?