Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ms-Exl-Learner Ms-Exl-Learner is offline

Default Conditional Formatting

Mr. Stefi & Mr. David thanks for both of you for indicating my mistake. In
fact I didnt notice the word €śIN A RANGE IS GREATER THAN€ť. After seeing
both of your replies, I come to know that my post is not suitable for the
question.

Anyway thanks for guiding & suggesting me about my mistake€¦

--------------------
(MS-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"David Biddulph" wrote:

I think that you'll find that Stefi has done rather more "MS-Exl-Learning"
than you have. Your condition will turn the cell red only if the content of
THAT PARTICULAR CELL is greater than 110. The OP said that the requirement
was to turn the cell red if the value of ANY CELL IN THE RANGE is greater
than 110.
--
David Biddulph

"Ms-Exl-Learner" wrote in message
Hi Stefi,

I think the answer provided by Mr. Jacob and by myself is right. In my
post
i have clearly mentioned that select the range before applying the
conditional formatting.

--------------------
(MS-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Stefi" wrote:

You and Jacob didn't observe that the condition is "ANY cell in a range"!
Stefi

"Ms-Exl-Learner" ezt Ă*rta:

Try this.

1. Select the range
2. From menu FormatConditional Formatting
3. For Condition1Select 'Cell Value Is' and Select 'Greater than' from
the
Ccondition drop down and in the next field type 110
4. Click Format ButtonPatternColor select 'red' then give ok

If this post helps, Click Yes!

(MS-Exl-Learner)

"Mike McLellan" wrote:

How do I set the background colour of a cell to Red if the value of
any cell
in a range is greater than, say, 110?