Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Comment Pictures

Hi

I am having one excel file with Comment pictures, now i want to take those
pictures out and past some other location

how can i do this

Rohan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

--Right clickEdit comment Click on the border (so that the cursor is not in
edit mode)
--Right clickFormat comment'Colors and Lines' tabColor 'dropdown'Fill
Effects'Picture' tabselect Picture

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Rohan" wrote:

Hi

I am having one excel file with Comment pictures, now i want to take those
pictures out and past some other location

how can i do this

Rohan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jacob

That's how you get a picture into a Comment.

OP wants to extract the current picture and move it to another location.

I think some VBA is required here.

Don't have time right now to experiment.

Can you look some more at this?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Rohan" wrote:

Hi

I am having one excel file with Comment pictures, now i want to take those
pictures out and past some other location

how can i do this

Rohan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gord/Rohan

Sorry I misread your query.. You can try out the below macro. If you are new
to macros.. The macro should copy the picture to Range("A1") of the active
sheet itself.

--Set the Security level to low/medium in (Tools|Macro|Security).
--From workbook launch VBE using short-key Alt+F11.
--From menu 'Insert' a module and paste the below code.
--Get back to Workbook. Select the cell with comment and picture
--Run macro from Tools|Macro|Run <selected macro()

Sub Macro1()

Dim rngTemp As Range
Set rngTemp = ActiveCell

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
With ActiveCell
..Comment.Visible = True
..Comment.Shape.Select
..Comment.Shape.CopyPicture _
Appearance:=xlScreen, Format:=xlPicture
..Comment.Visible = False
End With
ActiveSheet.Range("A1").PasteSpecial
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Rohan" wrote:

Hi

I am having one excel file with Comment pictures, now i want to take those
pictures out and past some other location

how can i do this

Rohan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Superb Jacod.

Thanks for following up.

I have saved the macro in my add-in.

Gord

"Rohan" wrote:

Hi

I am having one excel file with Comment pictures, now i want to take those
pictures out and past some other location

how can i do this

Rohan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jacob Skaria

wooow its sooo nice this is the answer for me,

Jacob please tel me is there is any way to insted of copying this file to in
excel sheet i want to save this file in a nother folder as a .JPEG??

its great

Rohan

"Rohan" wrote:

Hi

I am having one excel file with Comment pictures, now i want to take those
pictures out and past some other location

how can i do this

Rohan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Rohan

Thanks for your response and apologies for the delay in response. Use the
below procedure to save as jpg. Try and feedback

Sub Macro()
SaveSelectedPictureAs "c:\1235.jpg", "JPG"
End Sub

Sub SaveSelectedPictureAs(strFile As String, strFormat As String)

Dim wsTemp As Worksheet, chtObj As Chart, pObj As Picture
Dim dblWidth As Double, dblHeight As Double

Set pObj = Selection: dblWidth = pObj.Width: dblHeight = pObj.Height
pObj.Copy

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Set wsTemp = ActiveSheet: Set chtObj = Charts.Add
chtObj.Location Whe=xlLocationAsObject, Name:=wsTemp.Name
wsTemp.Range("A1").Select

With wsTemp.ChartObjects(1)
.Top = 0
.Left = 0
.Width = dblWidth
.Height = dblHeight
.Activate
.Chart.Paste
.Interior.ColorIndex = 1
.Chart.Export FileName:=strFile, FilterName:=strFormat
End With

"Rohan" wrote:

Hi

I am having one excel file with Comment pictures, now i want to take those
pictures out and past some other location

how can i do this

Rohan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jacobs many thanx for your replies and apologies for the delay in response,

Actually my requirement is, in my excel sheet I am having style no and
respective picture those pictures are in comment. Now I want to take this
picture out with particular style no as the picture name

Example
Column A Column B
002893 Picture
234455 picture
009944 picture
990494 picture

After extracting it should be

002893.jpg
234455.jpg
009944.jpg
990494.jpg

"Rohan" wrote:

Hi

I am having one excel file with Comment pictures, now i want to take those
pictures out and past some other location

how can i do this

Rohan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hi Gord/RohanSorry I misread your query.. You can try out the belowmacro.

hi Jacob,
this works perfectly.
However I'm wondering if I can repeat this code all the way down a column then paste the photo at the end of this cell?
say the column containing comments with pictures are at C, and I want to paste the extracted pictures in D, and have the macro looping down column C until a black cell?

thanks in advance.

Amy