excelnewbie

Default Minutes and Seconds Formula

I'm developing a workout programs for runners. I need a spreadsheet that
will allow a user to enter min/seconds that is their target for running a
mile.

Then I need a formula that will provide intervals at every 16th of the mile
of what there time should be.

Any help. I thought i knew how to format to show min/sec but i'm having all
kinds of problems

THANKS!
Bob Phillips

Put your target time in A20, and in B20 add =$A$20*COLUMN(A20)/16, then copy
across to Q209.

I input a target time of 4:32, and got values of 00:17, 00:34,00:52, etc.
<vbg

--

HTH

RP

"excelnewbie" wrote in message
I'm developing a workout programs for runners. I need a spreadsheet that
will allow a user to enter min/seconds that is their target for running a
mile.

Then I need a formula that will provide intervals at every 16th of the

mile
of what there time should be.

Any help. I thought i knew how to format to show min/sec but i'm having

all
kinds of problems

THANKS!

Bernie Deitrick

Hey Newbie,

Two things to look out for when you are dealing with times - especially
running times, entered in minutes and seconds.

Format all your cells for the time with the example 30:55.2 (which is
mm:ss.0), and then enter your time with a leading 0: use 0:4:32, which is 0
hours, 4 minutes, and 32 seconds instead of entering 4:32, which is 4 hours
and 32 minutes and zero seconds. IT makes a difference in the decimal
display....

Then use Bob's formula - his example time is actually my PB for a mile!

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"excelnewbie" wrote in message
I'm developing a workout programs for runners. I need a spreadsheet that
will allow a user to enter min/seconds that is their target for running a
mile.

Then I need a formula that will provide intervals at every 16th of the

mile
of what there time should be.

Any help. I thought i knew how to format to show min/sec but i'm having

all
kinds of problems

THANKS!

Bob Phillips

"Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org wrote in message

Then use Bob's formula - his example time is actually my PB for a mile!

That's my target, only need to reduce it by 2 seconds (or should that be 2
minutes) <vbg

Bernie Deitrick

Then use Bob's formula - his example time is actually my PB for a mile!

That's my target, only need to reduce it by 2 seconds (or should that be 2
minutes) <vbg

Do what I did - run down a mountain!

Bernie

Bernie Deitrick