Bernie Deitrick

Hey Newbie,

Two things to look out for when you are dealing with times - especially
running times, entered in minutes and seconds.

Format all your cells for the time with the example 30:55.2 (which is
mm:ss.0), and then enter your time with a leading 0: use 0:4:32, which is 0
hours, 4 minutes, and 32 seconds instead of entering 4:32, which is 4 hours
and 32 minutes and zero seconds. IT makes a difference in the decimal
display....

Then use Bob's formula - his example time is actually my PB for a mile!

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"excelnewbie" wrote in message
I'm developing a workout programs for runners. I need a spreadsheet that
will allow a user to enter min/seconds that is their target for running a
mile.

Then I need a formula that will provide intervals at every 16th of the

mile
of what there time should be.

Any help. I thought i knew how to format to show min/sec but i'm having

all
kinds of problems

THANKS!