Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need a time based reminder

Dear all,

I have designed a service certificate in Excel and am issuing it to
customers. The certificates need renewing after a year. Once issued I save
them all in a particular folder on the hard disk. I probably issue about 400
of these throughout the year.

Now, is there a way for some auto/prompt TWO WEEKS before a certificate is
ONE year old so that I can contact the customer and arrange a visit.

Many thanks in advance
Bina
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

i need something similar, so i use a combination between excel
conditional formatting & windows task manager.
i enter the original date of certification, then use formulas to enter
the next three certification dates. those are conditionally formatted
to turn a color when they are within 2 weeks of that date of
certification.
then i use windows task manager to automatically open the document at
a specific time every two weeks. then i can see which ones are
colored (need to be done). sometimes none of them are colored. since
you have so many (400+), you could probably have an excel 2007
auto_open macro sort them by color so the colored ones are at the top
of the spreadsheet (i believe 07 can now sort by color).
just an idea, works for me.
:)
susan