Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to set reminder?

Hi,

for example:

column A
23/06/2009
30/06/2009
02/07/2009
05/07/2009

if today is 09/07/2009, in what way I can be reminded that A1, A2 & A3 are
the date that one week ago. For example, the text will change to Red color,
or there is a pop-up window that can remind me?

Thanks.
--
Lowan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. Select the cell/Range (column A)
2. From menu FormatConditional Formatting
3. For Condition1Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula
=AND(A1<"",TODAY()-A1=7)

4. Click Format ButtonPattern and select your color (say Red)
5. Hit OK

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Lowan Chan" wrote:

Hi,

for example:

column A
23/06/2009
30/06/2009
02/07/2009
05/07/2009

if today is 09/07/2009, in what way I can be reminded that A1, A2 & A3 are
the date that one week ago. For example, the text will change to Red color,
or there is a pop-up window that can remind me?

Thanks.
--
Lowan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To conditionally format your cell(s):

In 2003:
1. Select the cells you want to format, say the four days you showed us are
in A1:A4
2. Choose Format, Conditional Formatting
3. Choose Formula is from the first drop down
4. In the second box enter the formula:
=A1+7<TODAY()
5. Click the Format button
6. Choose a color on the Patterns tab (or any available option)
7. Click OK twice.

In 2007:
1. Highlight all the cells on the rows you want formatted
2. Choose Home, Conditional Formatting, New Rule
3. Choose Use a formula to determine which cell to format
4. In the Format values where this formula is true enter the following
formula:
=A1+7<TODAY()
5. Click the Format button and choose a format.
6. Click OK twice

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Lowan Chan" wrote:

Hi,

for example:

column A
23/06/2009
30/06/2009
02/07/2009
05/07/2009

if today is 09/07/2009, in what way I can be reminded that A1, A2 & A3 are
the date that one week ago. For example, the text will change to Red color,
or there is a pop-up window that can remind me?

Thanks.
--
Lowan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Lowan

You can use conditional formatting to highlight the cells one week ago.

Select the cells, goto Formatting Conditional Formatting Condition 1:
"Formula is" =A1+DateValue("7/1/1900")<=Today()

Click Format and format as desired. OK

Hopes this helps.
Per