Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default A date reminder for 6 months time?

I have a excel spreadsheet where we keep audit dates for when equipment is
checked/audited. I have a column with the date it was audited on. Now, the
equipment need auditing again in 6mths time. Is there a way of getting excel
to let me know that date?

I also have certificates that expire after say, 3 years (for first aid) is
there a way of excel flagging up when it has expired from the date the
certificate was issued?

Thankyou

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Molly

To deal with Months, with your last date in A1
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+6,DAY(A1))

For Years, just put the addition on the Years part of the formula
=DATE(YEAR(A1)+3,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1))

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Molly" wrote in message
I have a excel spreadsheet where we keep audit dates for when equipment
is
checked/audited. I have a column with the date it was audited on.
Now, the
equipment need auditing again in 6mths time. Is there a way of
getting excel
to let me know that date?

I also have certificates that expire after say, 3 years (for first
aid) is
there a way of excel flagging up when it has expired from the date the
certificate was issued?

Thankyou

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Molly
I think you mean that you want Excel to pop up with a message box or
something when that date (like six months from the last audit) is today. Is
that right?
I have something similar set up on my computer (with Excel). In your case,
this would involve some VBA code in your file that would run automatically
when you opened the file. That code would check whatever you want checked
and would pop up a message box telling you whatever you want it to tell you.
If more than one item has reached 'the date', you would get one message box
after another. The code can also be written to tell you what you want and
do so some number of days before 'the date'. Post back if this sounds like
what you want. HTH Otto