Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default A date reminder for 6 months time?

Hi Molly

To deal with Months, with your last date in A1
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+6,DAY(A1))

For Years, just put the addition on the Years part of the formula
=DATE(YEAR(A1)+3,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1))

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Molly" wrote in message
I have a excel spreadsheet where we keep audit dates for when equipment
is
checked/audited. I have a column with the date it was audited on.
Now, the
equipment need auditing again in 6mths time. Is there a way of
getting excel
to let me know that date?

I also have certificates that expire after say, 3 years (for first
aid) is
there a way of excel flagging up when it has expired from the date the
certificate was issued?

Thankyou