Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Samwar

Default Calculating Difference Between Start Date & Time And End Date & Ti

I have a table that needs to calculate how long a job has been open for:

Start Date Start Time End Date End Time Time Call
Open (H)

The cells need to remain seperate. Can someone please tell me how I
calculate the time in hours between the two. I am using excel 2000. I do not
need to take anything special into consideration (ie weekends or holidays) it
is just a straight calculation. I have tried many ways to do this, but I can't

HEEEELLLLPPPP!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete

You already have an answer from Nick Hodge, posted 08:13.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 02:55:03 -0800, Samwar
wrote:

I have a table that needs to calculate how long a job has been open for:

Start Date Start Time End Date End Time Time Call
Open (H)

The cells need to remain seperate. Can someone please tell me how I
calculate the time in hours between the two. I am using excel 2000. I do not
need to take anything special into consideration (ie weekends or holidays) it
is just a straight calculation. I have tried many ways to do this, but I can't

HEEEELLLLPPPP!

=(start_date+start_time - (end_date+end_time))*24

--ron