Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help with a Dropdown List of Times

Hi all! Am trying to set up the following and hope that I can get some help
from here.

I am currently trying to create a work rota and want to have the have both
the start and the finish times (every 15 mins over a 24 hr period) to appear
as lists and once selected, it calculate what time has been worked.

This I think I have done, but on both the start and finish times, currently
the same list of times appears.

What I would ideally like to happen though is once a 'Start Time' has been
selected, then only times after that selected, appear as a list in the
'Finish Time' box. Or visa versa - once a 'Finish Time' has been selected,
only times before that are displayed in the 'Start Time' as a list.

All assistance would be grately appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It depends on the possible shifts times.

Will you have shifts like:

11:00 PM to 7:00 AM
12:00 AM to 8:00 AM

4:00 PM to 12:00 AM

This could be fairly complicated to do.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"keiko315" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have just 2 drop downs this could be fairly complicated to do. If you
have *many* drop downs and they might all have different start/end times
then this would be, for practical purposes, impossible. You need at least
one separate times list for each set of drop downs.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP