Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Highlight or change fonts for input purposes only/not printing.

Many of the spreadsheets I use require updating over time. I want to
distinguish the areas that require user input from those that are text or
formula-driven without having them print differently. I send out reports to
clients and do not want the font changes or highlighting to show. Normally,
I put User-Input areas in a dark-blue font, and leave the rest as automatic,
however this comes out slightly differently when printed. Can anyone offer
other suggestions?
--
DianeB
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Diane

What happens if you print in Grayscale? Also, my printer has an option in
the "Advance" area of the printer dialog box to use the black cartridge only.
Possibly these would solve the problem if the options are available to you?
--
OneFineDay

"DianeB" wrote:

Many of the spreadsheets I use require updating over time. I want to
distinguish the areas that require user input from those that are text or
formula-driven without having them print differently. I send out reports to
clients and do not want the font changes or highlighting to show. Normally,
I put User-Input areas in a dark-blue font, and leave the rest as automatic,
however this comes out slightly differently when printed. Can anyone offer
other suggestions?
--
DianeB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you, M. I also discovered a posting dated 8/31/06 wherein someone was
trying to print in white background and black font even though they had
changed the display on excel to be blue with white print. The response from
Gord Dibeen said to try: FilePage SetupSheet, and Checkmark in "Black &
White". I tried that and it works even when I highlight a cell in yellow.
Yipee!

It would be nice if Excel allowed us to set "internal" fonts/highlighting
(to alert Users to examine or input to those cells, but that wouldn't print
at all, even if we wanted to print in color.
--
DianeB