Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default can't change default fonts

Hello!

I am having EXCEL2003.

I tried to change the default font by TOOLS/OPTIONS/GENERAL/... And the new
font is supposed to take effect in the next opening of EXCEL. Unfortunately
it doesn't work, depsite the new font name being shown under GENERAL.

Appreciate any advice.

LeeCC
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That setting works only for all new workbooks.

If you start Excel then FileNew you should get the new font as default.

Existing saved workbooks retain the font that was default when they were
saved.

To change existing workbooks go to FormatStyleModify and make changes
there.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 17:44:01 -0700, LeeCC
wrote:

Hello!

I am having EXCEL2003.

I tried to change the default font by TOOLS/OPTIONS/GENERAL/... And the new
font is supposed to take effect in the next opening of EXCEL. Unfortunately
it doesn't work, depsite the new font name being shown under GENERAL.

Appreciate any advice.

LeeCC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, I am indeed referring to new workbooks that cant take this
new font effect.

LeeCC

wrote:

Hello!

I am having EXCEL2003.

I tried to change the default font by TOOLS/OPTIONS/GENERAL/... And the new
font is supposed to take effect in the next opening of EXCEL. Unfortunately
it doesn't work, depsite the new font name being shown under GENERAL.

Appreciate any advice.

LeeCC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One more note.

When you do change the default font under ToolsOptionsGenral this also
affects the font of the row and column headers for new workbooks.

Gord

wrote:

Hello!

I am having EXCEL2003.

I tried to change the default font by TOOLS/OPTIONS/GENERAL/... And the new
font is supposed to take effect in the next opening of EXCEL. Unfortunately
it doesn't work, depsite the new font name being shown under GENERAL.

Appreciate any advice.

LeeCC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That is what my problem exactly is: My row and column heading doesnt change.

Lee CC
-----------------------------------

wrote:

Hello!

I am having EXCEL2003.

I tried to change the default font by TOOLS/OPTIONS/GENERAL/... And the new
font is supposed to take effect in the next opening of EXCEL. Unfortunately
it doesn't work, depsite the new font name being shown under GENERAL.

Appreciate any advice.

LeeCC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've run out of suggestions except for..............

This default font setting is stored in the Windows Registry at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\E xcel\Options..rightside
windowFont

Perhaps you do not have permissions to write to the Registry?

Can you open the Registry at StartRun regedit OK?

If so, what is the setting for Font?

Close Registry, make a change in Excel default font and have another look in
the Registry to see if it took.

Gord

wrote:

Hello!

I am having EXCEL2003.

I tried to change the default font by TOOLS/OPTIONS/GENERAL/... And the new
font is supposed to take effect in the next opening of EXCEL. Unfortunately
it doesn't work, depsite the new font name being shown under GENERAL.

Appreciate any advice.

LeeCC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello!

Thanks again for your effort in helping.

I manage to change the fonts by using Book.xlt. But still, the row and
column headings don't change, only the cell contents changed.

Lee CC