Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Howie

Default Why is my printer printing white fonts as black?

Hi all. Hope you can help.

I have a sheet which has conditional formatting which sets all
zero values to white fonts.

However, although the sheet effectively shows a blank cell in all
zero cells (or more accurately, white-on-white), my printer
insists on printing these cells in black - as if the font is not
set as white at all.

Any ideas? thanks.

(Excel 2003)

--
Howard Coakley
e-mail... howard<dot}coakleyatcoakley<dot].codotuk
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dominicb

Good evening Howie

You've almost answered your own question he

"my printer insists on printing these cells in black - as if the font
is not set as white at all."

Conditional formatting just makes your cells "look" a different colour
to you - to the computer there is no difference. If you manually set
your text to white on white, then XL will recognise it as such, but no
so with conditional formatting.

Additionally, if you try using a macro to determine the colour of a
conditionally formatted cell, it will not return the colour index of
the colour that YOU see.

Kind of difficult to explain, but hope that settles it.

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18932

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Howie

I'm guessing that FilePage setupSheet "black and white" is checked.
Uncheck it.

White is a color and needs to print in color.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP