Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I get excel to accept larger workbooks

I am currently using Quatro-Pro to create workbooks. It will accept at least
500 worksheets per workbook. Since Excel is set to 256 worksheets per
workbook, I can't transfer my current work to Excel. How can I increase the
size of Excel workbooks?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is no limit on worksheets in a workbook The only limit is available
memory...

If you run this code it will happily create 300 worksheets

Sub test()
Dim lng As Long
For lng = 1 To 300
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets.Add
Next lng
End Sub

To find out about memory limits check out this link...
http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Frustrated" wrote:

I am currently using Quatro-Pro to create workbooks. It will accept at least
500 worksheets per workbook. Since Excel is set to 256 worksheets per
workbook, I can't transfer my current work to Excel. How can I increase the
size of Excel workbooks?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel is not set to 256 sheets per workbook.

255 sheets is the upper limit for number of default sheets in a new
workbook.

You can add more once the workbook is opened.

Limit above 255 depends upon the resources available to you.
'

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP