Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default eXCELL WORKBOOK

I NEED MORE THAN THE ALLOWED QTY OF WORKSHEETS IN A SINGLE WORKBOOK, IS IT
POSSIBLE AND HOW( 1000)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

The number of worksheets in a workbook is limited by the capacity of your PC
and not Excel so the answer is upgrade the memory.

Have a look here

Mike

"DEON" wrote:

I NEED MORE THAN THE ALLOWED QTY OF WORKSHEETS IN A SINGLE WORKBOOK, IS IT
POSSIBLE AND HOW( 1000)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In general for specification limits, where this is an allowed quantity you
are allowed up to the allowed quantity. Beyond the allowed quantity is not
allowed. :-(
For more details, look at "specification and limits" in Excel help.

And your caps lock key is broken.
--
David Biddulph

"DEON" wrote in message
I NEED MORE THAN THE ALLOWED QTY OF WORKSHEETS IN A SINGLE WORKBOOK, IS IT
POSSIBLE AND HOW( 1000)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, but when you talking about memory are you refering to hard drive mem,
virtual mem, or ram
I have tried inserting extra sheets on diff pc but the limit seams to stay
around 250

"DEON" wrote:

I NEED MORE THAN THE ALLOWED QTY OF WORKSHEETS IN A SINGLE WORKBOOK, IS IT
POSSIBLE AND HOW( 1000)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

THEN THE FOLOWING STATEMENT ON THE SYSTEM IS INCORRECT
+Worksheet and workbook specifications
Sheets in a workbook Limited by available memory (default is 3 sheets)

"DEON" wrote in message
I NEED MORE THAN THE ALLOWED QTY OF WORKSHEETS IN A SINGLE WORKBOOK, IS IT
POSSIBLE AND HOW( 1000)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The statement in the specification limts is correct you can have as many
sheets as the memory (RAM) on you computer can handle.

I ran this simple loop

do
worksheets.add
loop

I get bored after 4000 sheets and ended the loop. I have 2 gig of RAM but
you need to be aware that in my very unscientific test, all of my sheets we
empty so for sheets of data the amount I could add would be less.

Mike