-   -   eXCELL WORKBOOK (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/237393-excell-workbook.html)

DEON

eXCELL WORKBOOK

I NEED MORE THAN THE ALLOWED QTY OF WORKSHEETS IN A SINGLE WORKBOOK, IS IT
POSSIBLE AND HOW( 1000)

Mike H

eXCELL WORKBOOK

Hi,

The number of worksheets in a workbook is limited by the capacity of your PC
and not Excel so the answer is upgrade the memory.

Have a look here

Mike

"DEON" wrote:

I NEED MORE THAN THE ALLOWED QTY OF WORKSHEETS IN A SINGLE WORKBOOK, IS IT
POSSIBLE AND HOW( 1000)

David Biddulph[_2_]

eXCELL WORKBOOK

In general for specification limits, where this is an allowed quantity you
are allowed up to the allowed quantity. Beyond the allowed quantity is not
allowed. :-(
For more details, look at "specification and limits" in Excel help.

And your caps lock key is broken.
--
David Biddulph

"DEON" wrote in message
I NEED MORE THAN THE ALLOWED QTY OF WORKSHEETS IN A SINGLE WORKBOOK, IS IT
POSSIBLE AND HOW( 1000)

DEON

eXCELL WORKBOOK

Thanks, but when you talking about memory are you refering to hard drive mem,
virtual mem, or ram
I have tried inserting extra sheets on diff pc but the limit seams to stay
around 250

"DEON" wrote:

I NEED MORE THAN THE ALLOWED QTY OF WORKSHEETS IN A SINGLE WORKBOOK, IS IT
POSSIBLE AND HOW( 1000)

DEON

eXCELL WORKBOOK

THEN THE FOLOWING STATEMENT ON THE SYSTEM IS INCORRECT
+Worksheet and workbook specifications
Sheets in a workbook Limited by available memory (default is 3 sheets)

"DEON" wrote in message
I NEED MORE THAN THE ALLOWED QTY OF WORKSHEETS IN A SINGLE WORKBOOK, IS IT
POSSIBLE AND HOW( 1000)

David Biddulph[_2_]

eXCELL WORKBOOK

Perhaps you could explain to us the respect in which you believe the
statement is incorrect?
--
David Biddulph

"DEON" wrote in message
I NEED MORE THAN THE ALLOWED QTY OF WORKSHEETS IN A SINGLE WORKBOOK, IS
IT
POSSIBLE AND HOW( 1000)

Mike H

eXCELL WORKBOOK

The statement in the specification limts is correct you can have as many
sheets as the memory (RAM) on you computer can handle.

I ran this simple loop

do
worksheets.add
loop

I get bored after 4000 sheets and ended the loop. I have 2 gig of RAM but
you need to be aware that in my very unscientific test, all of my sheets we
empty so for sheets of data the amount I could add would be less.

Mike