Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy worksheet to new doc w/formulas not referencing previous doc

We created a new worksheet tab that we want to add to all of our previous
worksheets. Is there a way to copy the worksheet (with formulas) into the
new document without the formulas referencing the previous one?

All the spreadsheets have the same tabs, and formulas within these tabs
reference other parts.

We've tried copy/paste, paste special formulas, copying the whole tab by
right clicking, and drag and drop with both windows open. All of these still
reference the previous document, giving the formula

=MIN('[Old Spreadsheet.xls]multiplot'!N4732:N9128)

We want it to reference the multiplot tab within the new document, not the
tab from the previous document.

We're using Excel 2003.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I just found this:

With the sheet selected, go to Edit Go to Special Select formulas,
then Edit Find insert [Old Spreadsheet.xls] click replace tab, Replace all

which theorectically would work by removing the reference, however when I
click replace all it takes me to an Update Values: multiplot window with
files to select? Then I can't get out of it by clicking cancel, I have to go
to task manager and end program. Help? Is this the right direction to go in?

"Feolet20" wrote:

We created a new worksheet tab that we want to add to all of our previous
worksheets. Is there a way to copy the worksheet (with formulas) into the
new document without the formulas referencing the previous one?

All the spreadsheets have the same tabs, and formulas within these tabs
reference other parts.

We've tried copy/paste, paste special formulas, copying the whole tab by
right clicking, and drag and drop with both windows open. All of these still
reference the previous document, giving the formula

=MIN('[Old Spreadsheet.xls]multiplot'!N4732:N9128)

We want it to reference the multiplot tab within the new document, not the
tab from the previous document.

We're using Excel 2003.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One reliable method................

In source sheet editreplace

What: =

With: ^^^

Replace all.

Copy and paste to new workbook.

Reverse the editreplace in both workbooks or just in destination then close
the source WB without saving changes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 11:52:02 -0700, Feolet20
wrote:

We created a new worksheet tab that we want to add to all of our previous
worksheets. Is there a way to copy the worksheet (with formulas) into the
new document without the formulas referencing the previous one?

All the spreadsheets have the same tabs, and formulas within these tabs
reference other parts.

We've tried copy/paste, paste special formulas, copying the whole tab by
right clicking, and drag and drop with both windows open. All of these still
reference the previous document, giving the formula

=MIN('[Old Spreadsheet.xls]multiplot'!N4732:N9128)

We want it to reference the multiplot tab within the new document, not the
tab from the previous document.

We're using Excel 2003.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The source sheet is the worksheet you want to copy to somewhere.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP